POSTINOR is an Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP) which safely prevents unwanted accidental pregnancy within 72 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse.
Why is POSTINOR unique?
POSTINOR is effective to prevent pregnancy when taken as directed up to 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. If you take POSTINOR it is 99% sure that you avoid pregnancy*.
Gedeon Richter, the producer of POSTINOR manufactures Levonorgestrel emergency contraceptive pills under the brand name POSTINOR and ESCAPELLE for more than 35 years. ESCAPELLE and POSTINOR were used in more than 400 million cases** without any serious adverse event.
By now Gedeon Richter has become No. 1 Emergency Contraception manufacturer*** reaching more than 100 countries with highest quality Emergency contraceptive pills worldwide. Both ESCAPELLE and POSTINOR contains only one kind of hormone called Levonorgestrel, and prevents pregnancy before it is established.
ESCAPELLE and POSTINOR
POSTINOR and Escapelle emergency contraception pills are manufactured by Gedeon Richter Plc. Escapelle is a single pill emergency pill while POSTINOR has one-pill version (under brand name of POSTINOR or POSTINOR 1 or POSTINOR Uno) and two-pill version as well (under brand name of POSTINOR or POSTINOR 2 or POSTINOR Duo).
As general regional information (might not be the exact case in your country):
- In the Eastern-European and CIS region Escapelle is distributed as a single emergency contraception pill (and in some countries the two-pill version of POSTINOR is available as well)
- In Western-European countries and rest of the world mainly only one-pill version of POSTINOR is distributed (and in some countries the two-pill version of POSTINOR is available as well)
This site aims to give information on the single pill version of POSTINOR.
They can be used in the following typical cases:
- You are unsure about „withdrawal (pull-out) and/or calendar method”
- Your regular birth control failed (condom broke or slipped)
- You made some mistake with your regular method (e.g. forgot to take birth control pills)
- You didn’t use any birth control method before sex
- You’ve been taking some other medication that may have reduced the effectiveness of your regular Pill and you’re worried about getting pregnant
***IMS 2015 in volume and value